Unlocking the Sacral Chakra (2nd Chakra)
The Sacral Chakra, also known as Swadhisthana in Sanskrit, is the second chakra located in the center of your abdomen, just a couple of inches below your navel. It is known to be the center of pleasure, enjoyment and creativity. The Sacral Chakra is associated primarily with our reproductive organs and related emotions, sexual libido, desire, and creative energy. This chakra is particularly related to emotional issues and those who have a blocked Sacral Chakra will encounter emotional and intimacy issues in relationships. Orange is the color that represents your sacral chakra
Balanced Sacral Chakra
When the Sacral Chakra is balanced, a person may feel Joyful, Confident, Can easily be center of attention without shyness or need to be, have balanced moods and emotions, and Strong healthy desire for what one wants in life and ability to freely ask and receive
People with an opened Sacral Chakra generally are:
- present in their body
- connected to their feeling.
- feeling emotionally stable
- feeling joyful most of the time
Whenever your sacral chakra is open, you’ll feel dynamic, stimulated and full of ideas. Alignment in this chakra also gives you the confidence to make significant changes to the way you live your life.
Out of Balanced Sacral Chakra
When this chakra is out of balance, a person may experience emotional instability, anxiety, fear of change, sexual dysfunction, depression, addictions, and a complete lack of joy in one’s life. A blocked sacral chakra can make you feel like you’ve lost control of your life and unable to retake hold of the reins.
People with an blocked Sacral Chakra:
- find it hard to associate with other people and the world around
- can’t keep emotions and ability in balance
- are unemotional
- feel insecure
- fail to deal with life’s changes
- lack self-confidence
Sacral Chakra Healing
There are several ways to restore balance to your Sacral Chakra, including the use energy healing, such as Reiki, meditation, sound therapy, yoga, acupuncture or acupressure.
Introducing yoga as part of a healthy lifestyle is beneficial for mind, body, and spirit. Yoga postures are designed to build the body’s stamina, strength, and flexibility. It also helps nurture the body’s energy centers. When you incorporate yoga poses to open and balance individual chakras, the entire, intricate chakra system benefits. As one chakra opens and builds energy, each of the remaining chakras also enjoy a boost. Any yoga practice will help to align the chakras, but there are specific poses that target the sacral chakra. In particular,
Dvipada Pitham: which involves lying on your back and lifting your hips at the same time as you lift your arms up and over your head (supporting your body with the shoulders throughout). This is one of the best sacral chakra yoga poses.
Meditation sessions designed to focus on the 2nd chakra can be highly effective at healing imbalances and restoring full function of this chakra. Sit comfortably, visualize the proper color (Orange) small ball of energy in the area of your Sacral Chakra, keep your breathing deep and steady. Concentrating on this image can not only open up the energy center, but it helps dispel imbalance and heal the chakra.
- Select a place where you will be comfortable and undisturbed for the duration of this meditation. Loosen any tight or restrictive clothing and lower the lights if they are bright.
- Proceed with the meditation slowly, allowing plenty of time to settle in and deepen the experience.
- Breathe in deep through your nose and hold it for an instant before letting it go gently out through your mouth.
- Relax your face by separating your teeth slightly, and notice that your entire body relaxes a little bit more. Spread more and more throughout your entire body all the way through you
- Picture a spinning orange circle in the location of your sacral chakra. Imagine light about the size of a golf ball radiating golden light much like the sun.
- Let go of fear, anxiety, or uncertainty, and thoughts that this won’t work for you. You can do this by getting in touch with the resistance, taking a deep breath, and exhaling out through your mouth as you let go.
- Allow the golden sphere of light in your abdomen to open and send gentle streams of golden light in all directions letting it relax you.
- Allow your body to relax more and more
- Sense and feel you are becoming lighter and lighter as more and more light flows through your Sacral Chakra and throughout your body.
- Let your mind relax around any ideas of what to expect.
- When you feel you have experienced this Sacral meditation long enough, slowly bring your awareness fully present in this place and become fully aware of your body.
- Say to yourself, “I am confident that what I offer the world is enough.”
- Now take a deep breath, stretch out, and commit that you will continue practicing the Sacral chakra meditation.
Do this for as long as you like (preferably for at least 5-10 minutes), then open your eyes when you’re ready.
Fruits and Veggies
Consuming beverages and foods can help bolster positive energy flow through the Sacral chakra. All of the chakras respond positively and negatively to your diet, so you can potentially unblock the sacral chakra just by making little adjustments to what you eat. Foods that are historically linked to your sacral chakra include.
- Fruit: orange, papayas, mangoes, and peaches.
- Vegetables: such as pumpkins and other winter squashes, carrots, and sweet potatoes.
- Seeds: Good seeds include pumpkin, sunflower, poppy, and hemp.
- Coconuts: Bursting with healthy oils and fats that promote cardiovascular health, coconuts can increase your energy levels and get you into the right mood to be creative.
- Broths and teas: Clear liquids have always been said to heal your sacral chakra, so a tasty vegetable broth or fruit tea is an excellent option.
You can also introduce essential oils to your home, bath, and body. To help heal and activate your sixth chakra, consider trying one or a combination of these essential oils:
- Ylang Ylang
- Clary Sage
- Blue Chamomile
Anoint the area of the corresponding chakra with 1-3 drops of the appropriate Chakra oil or Lotion, while doing the “Chakra Balancing and Clearing Meditation”.
Gemstones and Crystals
Use healing stones that possess the same vibrational frequency and chakra color as Sacral chakra to clear away negativity and restore proper energy flow. Stones, crystals, and gems that share the same coloration, energy properties, and mental affinities can assist to balance this energy center. Good stones for the Sacral chakra include:
- Carnelian: This semi-precious gemstone has a reddish-brown hue, though it comes in various shades. It is perfect for sacral chakra work because it is the Singer’s Stone. This means it has an intrinsic link with your creativity and artistry.
- Citrine: Citrine stones are a golden yellow in color, and they’re sometimes called the “stones of the mind.” It is also meant to increase self-esteem, which is ideal if your blocked sacral chakra is leading to reduced confidence or issues with jealousy.
- Moonstone: Moonstone comes in many colors, but you may want to opt for peach moonstone due to its connecting to stimulating the mind. It is also meant to reduce worry and carry a kind of loving energy.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations:
Using affirmations is a way to rewrite old limiting beliefs with positive, affirming ones. You can say them anytime you encounter a trigger for sacral chakra blockage, or when you’re worried that your sacral chakra may already me misaligned.
Here are some sacral chakra affirmations to try:
- I AM good enough.
- I AM worthy.
- I AM deserving.
- I AM WORTH.
- I AM MORE than good enough.
- I AM perfect Joy.
- I AM creativity.
- I accept myself without condition.
- I know and I respect my own boundaries.
- I AM complete within myself.
- I LOVE MYSELF.
- I LOVE EVERYONE.
- I AM LOVE.
Work with Color
The color most commonly associated with the Sacral Chakra is Orange. You can encourage yourself to be mindful of the chakra and enhance the positive energy around you by associating with these shades as much as possible. Clothing, decorations, and candles with an orange color will all help you pay more attention to the Sacral Chakra.
Keeping all of your chakras in balance can sometimes be a challenge. If you find that you experience the sort of mental and physical troubles associated with an unbalanced Sacral Chakra, hopefully the suggestions provided here can help you overcome them. Keeping the Sacral Chakra open is an extremely important part of living a balanced and connected life.
Visit our blog page for other articles: BLOG
Sign up for our newsletter for tips on Chakra balance and special offer: NEWSLETTER