If you use a crystal for chakra healing for example it can take on energies which you would not want to keep or pass onto others. If you have purchased or been given new crystal bracelets, you can use different methods to cleanse them before wear. Also if someone else handles your crystals bracelet it is a good idea to cleanse them too. There are different methods which you can use to cleanse your bracelet and bring them back into balance. To avoid damage, it is not recommend to cleanse crystal and gemstone bracelets by use of water, salt or the Sun. Best ways recommended is to use Full Moon, Brown Rice or sage to cleanse the bracelet.
Do not let your bracelet stand in the sun for hours and do not let it soak in salted water.
Three Ways to Cleanse Gemstone Bracelet
Cleanse by Full Moon
- -Cleanse Crystals By The Full Moon (Outdoor)
To avoid damage do not place gemstone bracelet outside if it is very cold or if there is a chance of rain or snow. Check the weather for storms, wind or rain, all could cause damage.
1. Place your bracelet outside on a flat raised surface.
2. You can cover them with a glass bowl or sealed jars to protect them from unexpected rain or wind.
3. Remember to always remove the bracelet first thing in the morning to avoid damage from sun light.
- Cleanse Crystals By The Full Moon (Indoor)
1. Place all your crystals on a windowsill that the Moon is or will be visible from at some point through the night.
2. Remember to always remove the bracelet first thing in the morning to avoid damage from sun light.
Cleanse by Brown Rice
Place your bracelet inside a bowl of uncooked brown rice making sure they are completely covered. Keep them in the rice overnight. The rice will naturally draw out any impurities or negative energies that the stones have absorbed over time. Discard the brown rice after. Do not consume rice that has been used as an energetic cleanser
Cleanse by Smudging
This popular Native American cleansing method uses dried White Sage bundles which can be purchased at most metaphysical shops or websites. You will need a dish to catch any ashes or cinders. You could use a large Abalone Shell which is traditional in some tribes.
Light the Smudge Stick then blow out any flame. You can now pass your bracelet through the smoke a few times to clear it. Carefully stub out the Smudge Stick in the dish.
Care instruction for crystal and gemstone bracelets
* Try to store your bracelets separately so it doesn't scratch other jewelry.
*Bracelet should only be put on after washing and applying any makeup, hair spray, gels, lotions or perfume.
*Try to protect your Bracelet from harsh chemicals, extreme temperatures and sunlight. .
*You should not wear bracelet while doing household or outdoor chores.
*Avoid contact with water.
*You should never wear your gemstone bracelet when swimming or showering. The chlorine can cause damage to various gemstones and gold.
*Store your gemstone bracelet in a clean, dry place.