The Sacral Chakra, also known as Swadhisthana in Sanskrit, is the second chakra located in the center of your abdomen, just a couple of inches below your navel. It is known to be the center of pleasure, enjoyment and creativity. The Sacral Chakra is associated primarily with our reproductive organs and related emotions, sexual libido, desire, and creative energy. Orange is the color that represents your sacral chakra
Balanced Sacral Chakra
When the Sacral Chakra is balanced, a person may feel Joyful, Confident, be center of attention without shyness, have balanced moods and emotions.
People with an opened Sacral Chakra generally are:
- present in their body
Whenever your sacral chakra is open, you’ll feel dynamic and stimulated Alignment in this chakra also gives you the confidence.
Out of Balanced Sacral Chakra
When this chakra is out of balance, a person may experience emotional instability, anxiety, depression, lack of joy in one’s life.
People with an blocked Sacral Chakra:
- low self confidence
- can’t keep emotions and ability in balance
- lack of emotion
- feel insecure
- fail to deal with life’s changes
- lack of happiness
There are several ways to restore balance to your Sacral Chakra, including the use energy healing, such as Reiki, meditation, sound therapy, yoga, acupuncture or acupressure.
Introducing yoga as part of a healthy lifestyle is beneficial for mind, body, and spirit. Yoga postures are designed to strength the body's stamina. When you incorporate yoga poses to open and balance individual chakras, the entire, intricate chakra system benefits. As one chakra opens, each of the remaining chakras also enjoy a boost..
Meditation is effective ways to balance the Sacral Chakra. It is often best done in the dark or in dim light
- Select a place where you will be comfortable and loosen any tight or restrictive clothing and lower the lights if they are bright.
- Breathe in deep through your nose and hold it for an instant. Then letting it go gently out through your mouth.
- Relax your entire body and spread more and more throughout your entire body all the way through you
- Let go of fear, negative thoughts, anxiety
- Relax your body more and more
- Sense and feel you are becoming lighter and lighter throughout your body.
- Let your mind relax and let go of thoughts
- Now slowly bring your awareness to the present in this place and be aware of your body.
- Say to yourself, “I am good enough.”
- Now take few deep breath, stretch out
You can do this for as long as you like (preferably for at least 5-15 minutes), when you are done open your eyes.
Fruits and Veggies
Adding Certain foods to your diet can heal the Sacral Chakra. Try adding these to your diet or increasing the amount you eat to help activate this Chakra.
- Fruits: such as orange, papayas, mangoes, and peaches.
- Vegetables: such as carrots, pumpkins and sweet potatoes.
- Seeds: pumpkin, sunflower and poppy
You can also introduce essential oils to your body or home. Try these essential oils to help heal your chakra:
- Ylang Ylang
- Clary Sage
(You can anoint the Chakra area with 1-3 drops of the appropriate oil or Lotion)
Gemstones and Crystals
Color of this chakra is orange, and gem corresponding to orange color will help to open and bring energy to this Chakra. Stones you should consider for the Sacral chakra include:.
- Carnelian: This stone will boost courage and self- confidence, it is stone that brings good luck and prosperity. It will also stimulate and empower.
- Citrine: Citrine can help bolster energy and increase stamina. Its good stone for emotional healing, self-empowerment and if you are struggling with depression.
- Moonstone: Cconnected to the moon and its effects on the earth. Moonstones encourage hopes, dreams and is brings calming energy during emotional times.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations:
Using affirmations is also a good way of balancing your Chakra. Some affirmations include:
- I AM good enough.
- I AM worthy.
- I AM WORTH.
- I AM MORE than good enough.
- I AM perfect Joy.
- I AM creativity.
- I accept myself.
- I respect my boundaries.
- I AM complete.
- I LOVE MYSELF.
- I AM LOVE.
Work with Color
The color associated with the Sacral Chakra is Orange. You can associating with these shades as much as possible with wearing orange Clothing, decorations, and candles.
Keeping all of your chakras in balance can be a challenge. Kepping your Chakras open is impotent part of living a balanced life. Use these suggestion to help balance your Sacral Chakra.